Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sunday Best

When my sisters and I were growing up, getting ready for church began the night before. Mom put our hair up in curlers, then we endured the agony of sleeping on those lumpy things all night. Oh, what we women do in the name of beauty!

On Sunday we put on our good dresses and "church" shoes. Liz and I wore anklets, but because she was older, Nancy got to wear nylons. I was jealous.

These days I'm happy when I don't have to wear nylons. Times change!

Time also flies! I did this layout for the DSO November Color Challenge. Yes, I know it's December now. I'll try to be on time with the December challenges, but with Christmas coming up, ...

Until later!

SueCredits:
Programs: GIMP and PSE 6
Template: Designs by Sine
Alpha: "Silver Twilight" (re-colored), Amber Gray Designs
Other Materials: "Christmas Star", "Flower", "November 2008 DSO Color Challenge Kit", Joni Gray

5 comments:

Bunny Cates said...

fantastic photo!!!!
I love those dresses, brings back Sunday memories for me!!!

Joni said...

I love your layout and I remember those sunday dresses!!!
Thanks for using my kit.
Joni

Kim B said...

LOL- OH MY GOSH! this does bring back memories- even the panty on the head to keep the curls in place the next night- BWAHAHAHA

LOVE it- stunning lo
HUGS

Linda Walton aka bobbysgirlforever said...

What SWEET girls you all are!

Oh my, do times EVER change! No hose, no curlers and MOST of the time for me, NO shoes!!! LOL!

Beautiful layout Sue - LOVE your layers and use of the cutout shapes!

Have a WONDERFUL night darlin' and thank you for giving me the head's up via e-mail. My SLOOOOOOOW computer does not afford me as much blog hopping as I am accustomed to! Oh dear Santa please ... *giggle(

Hugs,
Linda :)

Cindyrelly said...

Yes times have changed, I NEVER wear Nylons let alone dresses these days. I LOVE your LO and what a great memory ;) Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog... it means a lot to me. Have a Great Weekend!