Sunday, August 24, 2008
Programs: All pages were made using GIMP for graphics and Photoshop Elements for photo editing.
Materials for “Steven” - Copyright-free photo from Image After.
Materials for “Walk Home” - All materials from A Work in Progress; papers from “Cherry Cheesecake”; re-colored stitching from “Land & Sea”; re-colored staple from “The Great Outdoors”.
Materials for “Lake Superior Sunset” - “Memory Lane” from Stone Accents
Saturday, August 23, 2008
According to the rules for this award, the winner:
- may put the logo on her blog.
- should create a link on her blog back to the person who gave them the award.
- may nominate at least 7 other blogs for the award and put links to those blogs on hers.
- should leave messages on the blogs of those nominated.
I nominate the following excellent digital scrapbooking blogs:
1. Click Photo: Designs by Lien – gives away wonderful templates, kits, and other materials, and is also an award-winning photographer with many lovely layouts on her blog
2. Joni Gray Digiscrap Freebies – creates huge, coordinated kits as freebies
3. Irene Alexeeva Digital Designs – produces ornate, elegant kits as freebies (size: 2400 x 2400)
4. Pam Lefors Designs – gives away rich, detailed papers, minikits and “odd and ends” as well as selling her designs in her store
5. Stone Accents – also gives away some of her wonderful designs on her blog as well as selling them in her store
6. Scrapping with Ikea Goddess – posts previews and links for fabulous freebies
7. Ginger Scraps – another wonderful resource for finding great freebies
Enjoy your visits to these marvelous blogs!
Monday, August 18, 2008
More photos of Lake Superior are on the way!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
I used actions by Atomic Cupcake to make the title, Photoshop Elements for photo editing, and GIMP for graphic design. The papers and the journaling spot are my own creation, aided by copyright-free photos from Image After.
Enjoy the end of summer. Fall is coming soon!
Saturday, August 9, 2008
What is the most fun way to keep cool in the summer? Take a swim in a pool? Go jump in a lake? When my sisters and I were young, we put on our swim suits and ran through the lawn sprinkler.
But in order to have curls on Sunday for church, we had to have our hair in curlers on Saturday. Remember, this was before electric curling irons. So what did we do? We ran through the sprinkler with our hair in curlers.
Stay cool! Chill out!
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
We can all laugh about it now, but at the time I felt pretty sorry for myself. Did you notice my chubby cheeks? I was “down in the dumps” from mumps.
For this page I used papers from the cute kit "Inspiration" by Simply Sweet Designs. I wrote the title using using actions from Atomic Cupcake. I also used Photoshop Elements and the free graphics program GIMP.
See you next time!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
I used the wonderful kit “Just Adorable” by Sweet Scraps, sweetscrapsblog.blogspot.com. Aren’t the butterflies and butterfly trails fun? I "made" the background paper by colorizing a free photo from Image After, a website that allows free use of the photos in their archives.
I also used the lovely silver alpha from “Urban Kiwi” at Shabby Princess, shabbyprincess.com. My free graphics program was GIMP, available at gimp.org.
Next time: a trip into MY childhood (long, long, long ago).
See you then!